Friday, June 12, 2015

This weekend: trainings, Pink Dot, wedding, and birthday party...



It's going to be another packed weekend. Haha!

Saturday morning will start with a three-hour lecture on Southeast Asian art. This is still part of the docent training for the National Gallery. I'm getting more excited, especially after seeing a number of works by Filipino artists included in the lecture. Yay! I can't wait to visit the National Gallery again and see all the fantastic pieces from artists around the region hanging on the walls of the galleries.

For now, I have o be content with seeing the pieces on my lecture notes. Haha!

In the afternoon, I have to go to Raffles Place to attend a makeup class for the Japanese class that I missed last week. Because I had an activity with my groupmates in the National Gallery docent training, I had to skip Lesson 17 of my Japanese class. It was okay though because I really enjoyed the time with my fellow docent trainees. Hehe!

The Japanese classes continue to be challenging. It becomes more challenging as each lessons progresses. Haha! I have not yet even started studying kanji. At some point, I need to start delaying kanji and start studying. So help me God!

The last agenda for Saturday is Pink Dot at Hong Lim Park. My views on the event have changed through the years, since the first time I attended it. Anyway, I'm still going to support the event tomorrow. I will be meeting up with some friends and together, we will all show our support for Singapore's call for freedom to love. :)

For Sunday, I have two gatherings to attend. Around lunchtime, I will attend a wedding reception in the Bugis area near the Malay Heritage Centre. It's my first time to attend a wedding in Singapore and I'm really, really looking forward to it. In the afternoon, I will be going to the birthday gathering of Mrs. B. I dunno yet where the venue is, but I promised her that I will be there.

My main dilemma is the outfit. Lol. For the wedding reception, I'm planning something semi-formal. The birthday gathering, on the other hand, is a BBQ pool party. Hehe! Maybe I should just wear my swim shorts under the wedding reception clothes and I'll just take off everything when I reach the birthday party venue. Haha! Kidding.

So yeah, it's going to be a busy, busy weekend. I need to find time to squeeze in a workout. Pump class tomorrow morning is definitely out. Same goes for the Pump class on Sunday morning. Haha!

Anyway, let's see how.

No comments:

Post a Comment