Saturday, April 16, 2016

I voted today...



Today was a rather long day. What's new?

Uhm, it's almost only 9PM but I'm defo going to sleep after this. I've been feeling under the weather the whole afternoon. I think the weather is to blame for it. These past few days, it's been insanely hot. From the hot weather, I will then spend hours in an airconditioned room. That drives my body crazy, I think. It's been like this for as long as I can remember.

Earlier, I was close to being groggy during the post-training debriefing. I just wasn't feeling well. Fellow MV Lionel asked me out to dinner. I could've said no, but I knew it was going to be quick anyway and I still had to eat dinner anyway.

Before the afternoon training, my first stop in the morning was the Philippine Embassy. I opted for the postal voting, but I decided to be kaypoh and check out the elections at the embassy. Voting time was scheduled to start at 9. I reached 20 minutes before 9 and of course, there were already quite a number of people. That's good, I thought. It didn't take long before more people arrived.

I didn't have to wait that long though. When I finally got into the voting precinct, I mentioned that I had my ballot with me. The person in charge of the postal voting received my ballot, stamped it as received, and that was it. I was done in about 20 minutes! Impressive, huh?!

There are 83000 registered overseas voters in Singapore. Six days since voting started, only 5000 people have voted. I really hope more people will head down to the embassy and vote in the next couple of weeks!

If you don't vote, you don't get to complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment