Sunday, April 10, 2016

Tiring Saturday...



Today was a tiring, long day.

The day started very early because of the museum volunteer training. It was a good experience though. I still remember the time when I did my own 5-minute and 10-minute presentations. I also did a presentation on writing the tour paper. By the time the training ended, I was just drained. Lol! Even my friends Gen and Lionel noticed that I was super sian during the debrief after the training session.

I think it could also be because of the weather. It's been extremely hot these past few days. From under the scorching heat of the sun, I will go into an air-conditioned room. As a result, my body is going crazy. Lol.

After the museum training, I joined a few of my fellow volunteers to go to Chinatown Heritage Centre. One of our fellow volunteers also guides at the said heritage centre. Situated smack in the middle of very busy Pagoda Street, the Chinatown Heritage Centre is a wonderful museum/heritage centre that gives a glimpse of how life was like back in colonial Singapore. The setup was very authentic. You can even enter some of the rooms.

By the time the tour ended, we were all hungry and ready to eat. We walked over to a nearby hawker centre and had a simple but yum dinner of local food. Zi char for the win!

Tiring Saturday, but a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment