Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Started on Changing Tides...

Photobucket Photobucket

Started reading again. Finally took the new Michael Thomas Ford novel - Changing Tides - out of its plastic wrapping and turned to page one. Of course, before that, I just had to feel the crisp pages of the book and I just had to intoxicate myself with the scent of a newly opened book. Hahaha! Is that weird?

Michael Thomas Ford is one of my favorite authors of all time. I have all his novels and I love, love, love them all. Among his essay collections, the only one I got to read was Alec Baldwin Doesn't Love Me. Completely hilarious. Haha! And I've got "an old friend" to thank for introducing me to Michael Thomas Ford.

So thank you, XLM, for lending me ABDLM. One of the many things I really loved about you and me is the love for good books.

Aside from Michael Thomas Ford, I think there are 10 more other books waiting to be read. Eeeep! Including Armistead Maupin, Mariane Pearl, among others. I really should get back on track with my reading.

Lastly, one of the books I've been wanting to get my hands on is Alek written by Sudanese supermodel Alek Wek. Unfortunately, it's out of stock in the bookstores where I usually buy my books. Sigh. If you know where I can get a copy, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment