Saturday, February 16, 2008

Off to the UP Fair on Valentine's Day...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As planned, Reena, Rhyz and I, together with Reena's friends Abbie and Ronald, went to the UP Fair in Diliman last night. None of us had dates but since we were in the Valentine's mood, we chose to go on Valentine's. (Alright, I was in the Valentine's mood. I don't know about my companions. Haha!) Plus, I checked the lineup of performers the entire week and last night seemed to be the most interesting.

Anyway, I was also excited because it was my first time to attend the UP Fair. Yeah, surprising, huh?! And I'm really glad I went. It felt good to be back in the University I love so much. Hehe! For dinner, there were many kiosks inside the Fair grounds and we chose to have a BBQ and rice combo (which seems to be a favorite among many UP students, when I think about it now. Haha!).

After dinner, we walked around to check out the kiosks. There were many interesting things to be bought. One stall was selling African accessories and home decor sold by a nice African woman. The girls bought ethnic-inspired earrings. I, on the other hand, bought a UP mug and a UP tote bag from another stall.

Afterwards, we hung out by the stage and watched the performing bands. A little after midnight, there was a fireworks display which was absolutely enjoyable to watch. The fireworks was immediately followed by a performance from capoeira dancers, which I failed to see, because there were so many people. The beat of the drums and the other instruments, however, was more than enough to make you shout, "Go Brazil!!! ...errr... UP!"

We left Diliman by 1:30AM. Got home by 2AM. It was a good Valentine's night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment