Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Panagbenga was one happy trip...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Baguio trip started out pretty rocky and with so much challenges, but everything turned out well and I'm just happy that it was all worth it.

After standing in line for more than hour, I was able to purchase two tickets for the 5AM trip. I was hoping I'd get a 2AM trip, but because of the festival and the long weekend, more people probably decided to go up to Baguio. When I got the tickets, I had a side trip to Gateway where I met with Carlo for coffee and get-together. Got home by 2AM, prepared my stuff, slept for 40 minutes, and then I was off to the bus terminal for my trip.

When I got there, a guy was announcing over a PA system what bus trip was boarding. What I heard really woke me up. It was almost 5AM, but the guy was calling passengers who had 12.55AM tickets. Oh man, this was going to be a long wait I thought. Choosing to remain Zen, I took a seat and waited. Perhaps so many pissed passengers have left that I was able to get on the bus by 7AM. That was still good compared to the other passengers who had to wait for four or five hours.

Because I didn't have much sleep, I pretty much slept throughout the entire trip and that was really good. When we reached Baguio, Arlyn fetched Reena and I at the terminal. We then met with Thea. We were all just so happy to see each other.

The following days was spent different things. Reena joined Arlyn most of the time. Since Arlyn was in Baguio for a media relations trip, they got to go around doing non-Panagbenga events. Reena was able to buy tons of vegetables and some jackets at the ukay-ukay. I, on the other hand, was really planning to join the Panagbenga Festival, and it was great that Thea was covering it so I got to see the festival. I even got VIP seats for the float parade. Hehehe!

It was a good trip. I was able to do the things I wanted to do - get out of the city, attend the festival, enjoy the cool weather of Baguio, hang out with cool friends from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment