Friday, February 15, 2008

What Joaquin recently taught me...

Most of the time, people find big and small reasons to love (like) someone. Sometimes, you just really love (like) and the fact that you don't get to give a concrete reason doesn't make that love any less.

That's what I learned from my godson Joaquin from his last visit. We hardly see each other. The last time I saw him before the visit last weekend was several months ago, and yet when I saw the kid, he still strikes a chord in my heart. The same thing goes for my family. Man, I'm a border in my own house. I go home there to sleep and eat. I hardly spend time with my folks and brothers. And the few times that I am home, I sometimes get into an argument with them (but that rarely happens). Still, the few times we all get to sit down and eat together, I have a good time and I know that I love them.

There's really no need for a grand reason to defend why you'd want to spend some time with someone. For coffee, for a movie, for dinner. You just do. I hope that makes sense to you.

Happy Hearts Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment