Sunday, February 10, 2008

A very early High School Musical show...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Though I hit the sack at 3AM this morning, I got up at 5AM and was out of the house even before the sun was up. Went to PGH to meet some other people and about twenty wide awake kids. Hehe! It was good though. I haven't been able to attend any of these things for quite some time so I'm really happy I got to join this one.

The Ateneo Children's Theater staged High School Musical, and one of the Pahinungod partners who happens to be an Ateneo Grade School teacher, invited Pahinungod to bring kids from the margins to watch the musical. (Pam, I thought of inviting you but I wasn't sure if you're up for a very early Saturday thing.)

By 8AM, we were at Ateneo along with hundred of other kids from other institutions. The cast of the show were Ateneo grade school students. The female roles were taken by the grade school students of neighboring Miriam College and St. Bridget's. I thought the musical was good. For a show that was virtually run by elementary school students, I had to give it to them.

Apparently, the morning run was meant to be as some kind of "volunteer" thing. Personally, I was happy to find out that the Ateneo group usually does have a one free show for kids from who don't usually get to go to the theater. I was even happier to see that the kids who watched the show really appreciated the musical. They applauded very loudly several times during the show, particularly during Troy Bolton-Gabriela Montez scenes, and during the curtain call.

It was a good Saturday morning.

I think my son (if and when I have oen) will be educated by the Jesuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment