Friday, February 8, 2008

Throw Me into the Ring...

Photobucket

Photobucket


Something went wrong with my "DNA." For some reason, the "Eeewww! I can't eat carbs!" and the "I hit the gym every day." thinking are missing.

Anyway, I've been wanting to get into some kind of physical activity, since I started the Makati job but seven months have gone by and I still have to get into some sport.

When I was still at the Kalaw job, there was a nearby badminton court and I got to play every week together with some colleagues. And as much as I want to continue playing badminton with them, the commute alone from Makati to Kalaw in the evening could already pass for a light workout.

I do get to attend the taebo and ala-Body Jam classes here at the office once in a while, but I still have to develop the discipline to drag myself to those classes religiously. Last December, because of the pressure of the Menudo performance, I sort of pushed myself to really attend the classes and watch what I ate, and I think there were some results. But now that the Menudo thing is over, hmmm... I'm sliding back to the old habits. Eeeep!

The other night, Rhyz and I went to the Elorde Boxing Gym near La Salle to inquire. I've been wanting to try it out for the longest time, but I've been finding all excuses to delay it. Haha! It does look interesting though. More than the workout, I think it would be a great way to release the frustration every now and then. Hahaha! And what's good about this is that there's an Elorde Gym near my house, so I'm hoping that that would be enough motivation to go and sweat it out.

Last night, went to the mall to purchase a set of hand wraps and a pair of boxing gloves. I thought of getting the Everlast gloves for aesthetic purposes (I know, I'm such a sucker for designer labels) but I had enough sense to know that I'll be flushing P2,000 down the drain if the whole boxing thing doesn't go well. Hehehe!

Anyway, the next step now is to actually go back to Elorde and sign up. Hopefully, this weekend.

I need a thinspiration. Maybe Marc Jacobs or the Bench winner Carlo Guevara.

No comments:

Post a Comment