Monday, February 11, 2008

Who's that little boy?

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was a surprise visitor in the house yesterday. I was doing my usual Sunday morning chores when I heard a little boy asking for the front door to be opened. I haven't heard that voice for the longest time, but I knew who that kid was - Joaquin.

Joaquin is a godson I rarely see. I do want to spend more time with him, but circumstances won't allow it. How he came into this world is a story worthy of a soap opera episode, and while I did get to take care of him during his first nine months, he was brought to another home and the next thing I know, he's this adorable growing boy already.

It was funny how he reacted when he saw me opening the door. I asked him, "Do you know who I am?" He shyly replies, "Ninong Angelo." I let him in and he runs around the living room, and goes over to my Dad whom he calls "Tonio" to say hello. For the next hour or so, he just goes around the house playing PC games, running around, and doing other kid stuff.

I watch him and there's just something about this kid that brings out the "I want to be a Dad" in me.

Even if the traditional ones would say that they need to have a wider world experience or that they need to grow out of their youth before they can share some words of wisdom, I believe kids can teach you things.

And on the way to work this morning, I realized one thing I learned from Joaquin. I'm reserving that entry for the approaching Valentine's Day. Harharhar!

No comments:

Post a Comment