Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fiama on a Monday night...Yeeehaaa



Who parties on a Monday night? Apparently, many people do.

Good friend Jheng was in town and I promised to meet up with her for some "post-tragedy therapy." (By the end of the night, I found out the real story and when I think about it now, it's not really so much of a tragedy for her. I say good riddance to that S.O.B. - excuse the French - for breaking a friend's heart.)

After my usual Monday spinning, Jheng picked me up at Greenbelt and we headed to Fiama along Jupiter. The last time I was there was several years ago for some party. I've forgotten how sleek that place is. Haha!

When we got there, Richard was already at the bar having his beer. There were a couple of people who were already hanging out. Later on, Jigs arrived and so did Tito Red, a friend of Jheng. We moved to the the nice corner lounge area, which gave a good view of the entire place plus it has good lighting and a really nice low table that I want. The couch and the seats were comfy as well. It was just perfect for a slouchy seat after a long work day. Hehe!

I was feeling hungry from the workout, and I wanted to eat rice but I chose to stick with the quesadillas Richard got for fear of scandalizing the crowd. Haha!

Our best friend for the evening was a nice bottle of Absolut Kurant, several cans of Sprite and cherries, lots of it. Vodka + Sprite/7Up always does the trick for me.

It's been awhile since I last saw these friends and I must say that I really had a great time hanging out with them. We're still the same people, but I'd like to think that we got a little wiser and more mature. Based on the conversations we had last night, I really think we've somewhat grown up. Haha!

There we were. Four single people with a shared experience. Different ways of getting to where we are now in the romance department (or lack of it), but similar current state. Hehe! We talked about work and how things are given the economy. We talked about our past loves. We talked about turning a year older. (Apologies to Tito Red. I only met him last night so I can't really write for him.)

I thought that since it was a Monday night, there'd be only a few people. Was I wrong?! Close to midnight, the place was shaking. Woohoo!

Next to the really fun time with the gang, the other highlight of the evening was having the guts to have a photo with Cosmo Guy Rich Herrera. Harhar! Richard thought I was kidding when I said I'm going to have my photo taken with Rich, but I looked at him and he saw that I was serious and that I was really going to do it. And I love him super for taking the photo. Hehe!

Several glasses of Vodka Sprite are to be thanked. I walked up to Rich at the bar and said, "Hi Rich. I'm sorry to bother you, but can I have a photo with you?" Rich said, "Yeah, sure." Richard took the photo. I shook hands with Rich and thanked him. He asked for my name. He said his name was Richard. I thanked him again and walked away. And that was it.

We left Fiama a little after one. While I could have gone on and did some more partying, there is work today. Hehe! I'm dead tired, sleepy and zoned out but I'm feeling very much alive after going out last night. I've almost forgotten how fun it is to party weekday night. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment