Thursday, March 12, 2009

My happy meal from Len and Alster...


Though this week is turning out to be quite stressful more than I expected it to be, one particular thing became my happy meal. I can't remember the last time something like this happened so I'm really, really, really happy.

Two snail mails arrived.

While I’m already happy to just receive snail mail (though very rarely), I’m even happier to have received two(!!!) in a week. When was the last time you’ve gotten snail mail?!

The first one is from Len, my college classmate who’s now based in Australia. It was a “thank you” card. The Christmas card she sent is probably still lost somewhere around in Manila, but I'm really thrilled to get the card above. I was out of the office the entire day because of a training. When I got back at the office in the evening after spinning class, I saw the card on my desk. Seeing the address, I knew it was from Len. I didn’t open it yet though. That was inspiration to work a lot that night (until 1AM!) and I told myself that reading the card would be my reward for finishing most of the work that needed to be done

Aside from the card, Len was thoughtful enough to include FedEx truck magnets for me and Tey. Really cute!!! Yay!

The other surprise was from online buddy Alster who’s studying in Japan. (And who I super envy because he’s in a country I really, really want to visit! Haha!) When I got home last night, I saw the postcard on the table inside my room. There was no sender info but seeing the Japanese characters, I knew it had to be from Alster. Yahooo! Arigato gozaimasu, Alster-san!!!

I'm really glad (and I’m sure you’ll be happy to know) it didn't take two months before the card arrived.

Thank you, thank you, Len and Alster! Must send cards back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment