Wednesday, March 18, 2009

There's a Spelling Bee this March 20...





Looking forward to watch Atlantis Productions' staging of the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. The musical won the 2005 Tony Award for Best Book.

Read a bit about it and it looks interesting. From what I read, Spelling Bee is about the experience of six adolescents who are up against each other for a fictional spelling championship in Putnam County, New York. What's interesting about the show is that there's a bit of audience participation so I'm expecting it to be really fun. I remember having enjoyed Rocky Horror a lot because the audience was involved. Haha!

The closest experience I've had of a spelling bee is the spelling contest for grade school kids during my LSQC days. Hehe! I got to compete when I was in Grade 2 (and Grade 3 I think). Vague memory of it.

Two years ago though, we had a spelling competition in my previous company as part of HR's English proficiency program and I was volunteered to join it. Didn't know it was a stressful. Hehe! During the last round, it was just me and a colleague left and what sealed the deal for me was the word "abysmal." Haha! It was fun.

Spelling Bee runs at the Carlos Palanca Auditorium in RCBC from March 20 to April 4. For tickets call 892-7078 or 840-1187 Directed by Bobby Garcia. Choreography by Cheacherchowee (whom I haven't seen for a long, long time so it'll be great to see her).

Let's watch.

2 comments:

  1. i was supposed to watch last weekend, but my friends and i completely forgot about it..

    apparently, nobody checked our skeds, aha.. now, i'll see this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, you MUST watch this. it was super, super, super enjoyable! =)

    ReplyDelete