Friday, March 20, 2009

Thursday night at BHS...

Thursday evening was a night of yum Italianni's, crazy Timezone games, a sinful Starbucks dessert, and really great conversation and hanging out with Whaxter.

The last time I saw the guy was last year(!!!), and though we've been planning to get together again, it just didn't happen. Hehe! The good thing is I know what's happening with him (or at least I have some inkling) thanks to Multiply. Haha!

Over the weekend, we agreed to meet up Thursday night and thankfully I got to finish the stuff that I needed to finish so I could go see him. I was super late though, thanks to picky cab drivers. Hehe! Sorry, Whaxter. I super hate being late.

Anyway, had a really great time hanging out. Whaxter is now added to my pool of single friend hangout buddies. Harhar!

Our talk last night managed to go into being single. Hehe! I was telling him, "Okay, you're already surrounded by coupled friends who probably know someone you could date and yet it's still hard for you to find a date. What more for me?! I'm screwed." Haha!

I told Whaxter that I've been trying to put myself out there, but since I'm not getting anywhere, I should probably prepare to cross over to the dark side again...just kidding... I should probably already prepare for a life with a golden retriever named Max. Haha!

If there's one thing that was affirmed from the sharing and talk last night, it's that I seem to be generally okay with the way things are. And that loneliness strikes during any of these three occasions, which Whaxter shared: 1.) you're really tired from the long day and you get home to an empty room; 2.) you've had an either super good (or super bad) moment and you have to share it; or 3.) you're sick and you have to take care of yourself. I added that for people like me who've been cursed to be cheesy, loneliness also gets me after watching sappy movies, which I love watching to begin with. Hehe!

Whaxter is right. Lately, I've been feeling tired. Just tired. Physically, emotionally. And it would be nice if there were someone who'd reassure me things will get better. And then, for number 2, when I found out about the GSMA win, I felt happy - really happy - when this person shared my joy. For number 3, I welcomed 2009 with fever and a really bad stomach. After four days of not getting better, I brought myself to the ER of Makati Med. When the guard asked me who the patient was, I go, "Me." That was Jan. 1(!!!) and such a circumstance was a first for me.

Other than moments like this, I'm generally fine. I know it would be great if I can have what ATWT's NuKe have, but then I should start thinking about the solo road as well. And I know it could be just as great. Your life is what you make of it, anyway.

So last night was really more than talking about how cute the person at the next dinner table in Italianni's is, or getting really bad scores at House of the Dead, it was about seeing and knowing that there are people who can help you put things in perspective (and vice-versa). People you call friends. And sometimes, that's more than enough.

Thanks, Whaxter.

No comments:

Post a Comment