Monday, August 30, 2010

Interesting weekend.

Friday night, I went to MOA with Tey, Zee and Engel. 5CM was having a sale, and after the very, very good shopping experience at 5CM HK, I wanted to check out if the Hong Kong brand would have a just as good sale here. It doesn't. The clothes were still ultra expensive. Ugh! In HK, I could've bought the shirts for less than a thousand, and pants not more than 1,500. But here the pieces were all over 2K. No way, man! The bags were quite good, but again huge, huge difference in price. Hmm, must definitely plan to go back to HK next year. Engel was the one who ended up shopping, walking away with a pair of shoes and eyewear. Haha!

From MOA, we headed to the baywalk where we had dinner at Giligan's. They had a good for four meal, which was priced reasonably. Afterwards we headed to Pier One for some drinks. Errol and Jeff joined us. It was a good get-together. Had to go home around 1AM though for my driving classes the following day.

Saturday morning until the afternoon was spent practice driving. We headed to the warehouse in Sta. Rosa. The warehouse has become too familiar, so it's not that challenging anymore. We did practice backing, so I thought that was fun. After lunch, I got what I wanted - something challenging. Although I think I got more than what I wanted. We drove at Greenfields, and because I wasn't familiar with the roads, I ended up .... drumroll please... exiting Sta. Rosa and heading to SLEX.

Major, major f*ck! I wanted to die. I think my "instructor" thought we were going to die. Haha!

If not for the pressure that I had a car behind me, I think I would've done fine. I wouldn't have been nervous. I wouldn't miss the toll booth window, and end up getting out of the car to give the card and payment to the toll booth girl. Haha! Can it be more obvious that I'm a student driver? Haha! Still, it was a good experience. I'm just glad that I made it back to Sta. Rosa in one piece.

In the evening, I helped a friend move into her new place. I sort of unleashed the Buddhist in me and led the rice blessing ceremony at her new home. Partly, we were doing it for fun. Partly, I believe in feng shui and wanted to share the good with my friend. Hehe!

Sunday morning was spent at home. I was preparing myself to get a call from the office due to the fire tragedy that hit families in Navotas, but the call didn't come. That was a relief. The disaster-response activities was moved to Tuesday so at least, I would still get to have a free Monday.

In the evening, I met up with my sacristan buddies. We had dinner at Zensho, a Japanese teppanyaki restau in Timog. If you're a huge Japanese fan, Zensho has an Eat-All-You-Can dinner for just P595. I didn't want to indulge too muchso I just got the chicken teriyaki salad. Big mistake. When the salad came, all the greens were soaked in watery Japanese mayo. Ugh! I ate only a quarter of the salad. Except for the salad and smelling like a teppan grill when you leave the restau, the food was great. From Zensho, we crossed the street and headed to UCC. Japan was obviously the theme for the night. Haha! Good times with the guys.

Today, I really want to just stay home and rest. Need all the rest I can get before another mad week starts. But I decided to head out to do errands and to head to the gym. Plus I need to start training for the 21K in Singapore.

How was your long weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Goood post. I will be going through a few of these issues as well..


    Haave a llok aat my web site: Running Shoes ()

    ReplyDelete