Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mag-d-drive ako hanggang... sa loob ng warehouse...













We had our second driving session with our Fleet group yesterday.

Despite not having only two hours of sleep, I managed to drag myself out of bed by 6AM to take a shower and get ready to go to the office without looking like I just had a crazy Friday night.

Around 8AM, the rest of the cast was there. My car buddies Rhyz and MJane, and the rest of the PA stude drivers AJ, Mich and Kuya Manny.

As soon as our fantab teacher Peter arrived, we hit the road for our practice driving venue. We had to go to a warehouse in Sta. Rosa because we got kicked out of our practice driving venue last week (some subdivision north of Manila that was still being developed).

Uhm, compared to last week's venue, I like this one much better. It was very different because the "obstacles" in the drive path were a bit difficult. The place is near abandonment so the grasses were really tall, trailers of ten-wheeler trucks occupied half of the lane in some sections, and a pack of goats would appear once in a while. Hehehe!

My driving this week was much better. I think I was more comfortable with the wheel, and I was getting the hang of how to handle things. Uhm, I know it's still way, way different when we go out into the streets and start driving along with road maniacs. Haha!

The highlight of this driving session was getting to drive along the long stretch at the back of Paseo de Sta. Rosa. We had lunch in the area. I noticed that there weren't too many vehicles in the area, so I asked Peter if I can drive from the carinderia where we ate up until the traffic light before the main road. He agreed.

It's really, really different. It was only then that I realized that things can happen so fast, that I'd have to master looking at all sides before making my next move. Sheesh!

I had a good teacher though and he trusted me. I was able to shift gears up until the fourth gear. I did some turns (including a U-Turn which I was worried about). One or two cars passed by my side and I didn't panic. My car buddies Rhyz and MJane didn't panic. They were actually quiet the whole time (Either they were saying their last prayers or I was too focused on the road that I tuned out to what they were saying. Hehehe!).

When I finally stepped on the brakes and transferred to the passenger seat, I thought that the whole thing was really FUN! And yeah, I want to do it again!!! Haha!

The low point was I stalled twice when we got back at the warehouse for more practice driving. My legs were tired and I'm really having trouble with releasing the clutch properly. Any tips?

Peter also let me practice reverse three times. It's difficult. I couldn't see if I was going left or right. Only when I stepped on the brakes did I get to see that I was already way left. Haha!

If you know how to drive, I know you'd go, "Uhm, YEAH! Duh!" Haha! But I'm just sharing my experience.

Camera whores that we are. I brought Hanschen with me so we can document our driving lessons. Harhar! :P

We headed back to Manila by 4PM. Rhyz and I headed to Gateway to catch Step Up 3. The story was lame, but the dance numbers were awesome! I can imagine our dance teacher Reagan as one of the dancers. He definitely fit the profile. And he definitely had the moves.

Anyway, Tey and I were supposed to meet today so that I can practice drive with Bogart (Tey's car, hehe!). But I remembered that there was a race in the venue I was suggesting. Oh well. Some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment