Sunday, August 15, 2010

Friday night...



Friday night was a circus. That's all I can say.

The last night out I had was a random trip to The Collective two weeks ago, I think. It doesn't count though because we all went home by midnight. I went to Cubao X a week ago but it doesn't count as well because I had to go home by 10PM. I promise to go back to both venues very soon. I like the whole artsy, indie feel of the venues. Plus I miss Wabi Sabi at The Collective.

I've been staying away from alcohol as well. It's part of the whole attempt to be fit. No. I just really want to not have to worry about waking up with a hurting joint or ankle because my uric levels went really high again because of alcohol. I do know I can still party and have a good night out sans the alcohol. My friend Jimmy is the inspiration for this. Haha!

Yesterday, I don't know how I ended up having a night out. I was itching to go out, and I think Engel said he was going to meet up with his straight guy best friend. Uhm, I don't remember if I invited myself but I ended going with Engel to his dinner with Joel and his wife Sadel. On the way to the dindin place, we called Jonjon and since he didn't have plans that night we asked him to join us.

The scene of the crime was at Home Depot in Ortigas. It's my second time to be there on an evening and it's a pretty good place for hanging out. We started with dindin at Jay-J's. Food was good, but the service kind of sucked. Wait staff were probably too tired already. Afterwards, we headed to O Bar. Haven't really seen the place so we definitely decided to check it out.

It's way better than the one in Malate. This one was much bigger. The crowd was better. What I mean is I think most of them were yuppies from the Ortigas area vs. the crowd in O Bar Malate who I think are mostly students partying from the allowance given by their folks. Hehe! The A/C still couldn't handle volume of people though. I don't know if it's meant to be that way. Some people probably find sweaty, grinding bodies sexy. Hehe!

Anyway, I had a couple of SMLs. I wasn't feeling tipsy, but I knew I had to stop because of my ankles. Haha! I did drink a couple of times from Jonjon's and Engel's Gilbey's.

The place was packed by midnight. We stayed near the stage at the rear part of the bar. Music got better as the crowd thickened. Bumped into some friends - JC, Migs and another guy who I still dunno if he's straight or what. I was hoping to see runniny buddy I-vanchy but he got stuck in Makati.

We left the place around3.30AM. I had to head home because of driving lessons in a couple of hours. I dragged my tipsy and happy companions out of the bar. I hailed a cab and dropped them off at their places. Had to make sure the two got home safe.

I was home near 4AM. I set my alarm to go off at 6.15AM, and then I was off to lalaland.

Fantab Friday night! Basta. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment