Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ho Ho Hong Kong na itohhh...










The Hong Kong trip we had was really awesome.

For a first-timer to the former British colony, I'd have to say that I'm really happy because I was able to do some of the usual touristy activities and the real reason why people go to Hong Kong - to shop.

Haha!

Prior to the trip, I was already doing a lot of research. I wanted to know what the country had to offer. I wanted to know how I can have a good mix of cultural and leisure activities during the four day trip.

After quite enough reading and thanks to the tips of Twitter buddies Chris and Jamie, and running cum shopping buddy I-van, I was ready to create a new Excel sheet to plot the trip itinerary, the budget and yes, the attire guide. Sorry, I can be that OC. But I tell you, being detailed has its benefits.

For the touristy things, what I wanted to do was visit the Victoria Peak, take the Peak Tram, and visit Disneyland. I dunno. For some reason, there's a small, small, small part of me that feels my childhood isn't complete because I wasn't able to go to Disney. Hehe! So I had to visit the theme park to fill that miniscule void. I also wanted to take a ride on a ferry, or if possible a junkboat.

For the leisure things, I needed to do my usual Visita Iglesia - LV is on top of the list, followed by Prada, and to complete the quartet Dior and Chanel. Let me clarify something. I don't shop at these stores (yet). I'm just really fascinated by the whole world of luxury goods. I know. So gay, dude pare! It's my OGT, so just leave it alone. Haha!

After identifying my must-do list, my travel buddies Tey, Rhyz and Reena and I had a meeting to align expectations and to come up with an itinerary that was agreeable to everyone.

Disney was out. We will just have a photo op at the front of the theme park. Haha! I'm fine with that because I didn't really want to spend an entire day there. I just needed my photo op. Rhyz's Ocean Park was out. I didn't want to spend an entire day visiting fishes and other sea creatures. Sure, they're awesome but they're not a priority. Reena's Madame Tussaud was also out. Except for Reena, none of us really wanted to spend $180 (???) to see wax figures. Maybe at another time.

What we all agreed on was - The Peak Tram, Victoria Peak and the Sky Terrace, Cable Car, Ngo Ping Village and the Big Buddha, Central Mid-Level Escalators, and the Harbour View Lights show.

Other itineraries can be done separately. For me,that was doing my Visita Iglesia. I am thankful for having a best friend who was willing to go with me. Haha! My Visita Iglesia musts were to visit the Louis Vuitton store at Canton Road (because it is the largest flagship store in HK, I think) and to visit stores that are not here in Manila - H&M, Uniqlo, Comme des Garcons, Muji, and Ikea. Thanks to I-van, the other priorities on my list were the I.T outlet stores, the Joyce and Lane Crawford outlet stores, and Space (the official Prada and MiuMiu outlet store). I-van gave me complete information on the last four.

With the help of a little website called Google, I also got all the necessary information I needed to get to these places - from the bus numbers to take, the store hours, the brands carried in each store, and so on. Haha!

Oh, the other thing I wanted to was to check out the local scene. I was able to find the top 5 gay dance

clubs. Volume seemed like the best choice. Location was good. The website was good. Again, thank you lord for having a best friend that can be dragged to parties. Haha!

So, the trip really was a very good one. Four days weren't enough though. I thought it would be enough, but there was so much more to do, so much more to see. For starters, we didn't get to take the Star Ferry ride. We didn't get to go to the Avenue of the Stars. We didn't get to visit the Ocean Park. I didn't get to visit the Joyce and Lane Crawford outlet stores. Haha! There's also a Heritage walk in the New Territories that's kind of interesting to do.

Three words. Must go back.

I have about 1,100 photos. Sorry, trigger happy with my camera. Reena has about 800 photos. Hahaha! Pinoys are such camwhores. Anywy, will upload pics on FB.

No comments:

Post a Comment