Sunday, August 8, 2010

Mag-d-drive ako hanggang buwan...



I had a bit of driving lessons yesterday.

The Fleet Group of our company thought it would be good to give driving lessons to non-drivers in our team so that when we need a service vehicle, we can just borrow a car. Right now, it's a bit difficult to get a service vehicle because there are only a few company drivers. There's no shortage in vehicles. There is a shortage in company drivers.

So I spent around two hours just going around and around the small village driving. Yeah, first session and already, I got to go behind the wheel. I love it. Hahaha!

At first, I was really, really nervous. But the one teaching us was very patient and explained things well. I must admit that I started tuning out when he was already about transmission and how the gears work and so on. Haha! Too butch for me. Haha!

Initially, I wanted to take the car with A/T. But another group was using it, so I ended up test driving a Vios with M/T. It was fun. What made it more enjoyable was I was with colleagues MJane, Rhyz and Michelle who were all there for the lessons, as well. We took turns driving.

Uhm, I started with just the first gear and not stepping on the gas. When I got the hang of it, I asked permission to step on the gas, and then eventually to shift to second gears. Felt really nice! Hehe!
Of course, there's so much more to learn and the real test is being able to go out on the road. Eeep! Afraid. Haha!


The next driving lesson is next Saturday. Already looking forward to it.
First, I must get a student driver's license. Haha!

1 comment:

  1. kainggit! libre ang driving lessons mo. ang mahal mahal sa A1!

    ReplyDelete