Friday, February 14, 2014

Random blah about the one that got away....



Yesterday, I was having a random chat with a friend.

Out of the blue, I asked my friend, "Do you think here was your 'the one that got away'?"

This caught my friend by surprise. Lol!

I added, "Or do you think you are the one who got away?"

Hmm, I was listening earlier to Ivan Leung's cover of Katy Perry's The One That Got Away. This was probably the reason I thought of asking the question.

To my friend, it was both of them "who got away" (using my friend's words). It doesn't mean like finally escaping from the relationship but more like I'm your The One Who Got Away, You're my The One Who Got AWay.

Then I told my friend about how my first (and up until 2011) and only relationship.

I shared how it took me a month before the truth really sank in. I talked about that very unforgettable Sunday of Holy Week 2006 at the home of my friend Sean in Tagaytay.

Anyway, I dunno the real reason why this whole thought came to mind yesterday.

What's kinda weird though was that the song played again while I was at the gym waiting for Pump class to start. You know how instructors usually play music while waiting for people to come in. I dun ever recall having the Katy Perry son in a Pump class.

On my way home, I was just going through my Facebook feed and I came across this article about The One That Got Away.

So strange. Lol. Or maybe I'm just reading into things too much?

I'm not sure though that X was the one that got away. We were more like "we had the right love at the wrong time." Hehe!

Happy Hearts Day to all!

2 comments: