Saturday, February 1, 2014

Saturdate at the museum with Farquhar and Raffles...

I had a good tour at the History Gallery this noontime.

Today is an open house at the National Museum (as well as the other museums) so it was quite expected that there will be a bigger crowd today.

My tour was at 1130AM. By the time I headed to the Guided Tour Meeting Point, there were already a number of people waiting.

Since the group was big enough, I decided to start the tour on time.

It turned out to be one of my favourite tours. The group was composed mostly of senior citizens and two families. My friend Jean and her fiancé Jim.

One reason I really liked this tour was because the most members of the tour were quite responsive to the questions I fielded. That way, it was more enjoyable for me.

When I reached the gallery for the Japanese occupation, one of the senior museum volunteers Mike joined the group.

I tried not to look at him so that I wouldn't be nervous. Hehe!

As I reached the end of the tour, I gave the conclusion I usually give and I was just very happy when the audience applauded after. A few of the guests even gave positive feedback "Well done!" "Excellent!" which I always appreciate as it encourages me to do better.

The group was composed of 9 Singaporeans, 6 Brits, 3 Chinese, 2 Americans, 1 Filipino.

From the museum, I had lunch with Jim and Jean at Plaza Singapura.

Afterwards, I decided to head home to rest before going for a jog.

Out of curiosity, I checked the self-scheduling calendar for the other exhibit. I went cold when I saw my name was scheduled for the 2PM tour today.

Kill me now. How could I have missed it?!

I relied heavily on the schedule on my mobile phone that I missed my tour. Argh! Argh!

I sent an email now to the museum volunteer reps to inform them of my oversight. Hopefully, I will be allowed to make up for this mistake by giving a tour tomorrow instead.

Sigh! Oh well...

Lesson learned: Check. Double Check. Triple Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment