Friday, June 27, 2014

Happy birthday, Mama...




Now I know where I got my being clingy from - my Dad.

He had to pass on two days before my Mom's birthday. Now, all the remaining birthdays of my Mom would have to be associated with him. Hehe!

It doesn't sound right to be joking about this, but I think my Dad wouldn't mind. He's always been a goofy person is laughing from above. I just dunno if he'll admit to being clingy. Haha!

Moving on, today is my Mom's birthday. She turns 65 today.

God, I keep forgetting that she's already in her 60s because she doesn't look her age. To me, at least she doesn't.

I owe her a lot. I respect her a lot for the sacrifices that she's made. I've learned a lot from her, though I must say it was in an unorthodox way. Hehe!

One of my prayers is for her to be blessed with several more years of good health. This is so that I can bring her on a holiday every year.

It's sort of an unofficial promise I made to myself.

Her dream is really to go to Cambodia to see the Angkor Wat.

We could have gone this year but it had to be postponed because of the expenses of my Europe trip. Haha!

Add to that the fact the crazy airfare to Siem Reap from SG. The cheapest was about SGD300 per pax. Wtf?! Lol!

So, I'm afraid Cambodge will have to wait a bit.

She is coming this September though to spend two weeks here. I managed to buy really cheapo tix to Yogyakarta.

Prambanan and Borobodur first this year before the great Angkor next year.

Hope we'll be blessed with good weather.

Anyway, happy birthday, Mrs. Morales! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment