Sunday, September 16, 2007

Eeep! Book Shopping...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hmm, I watched a play this evening with friend Grace. It was the opening night of "Love's Labor's Lost" at Onstage Greenbelt. While waiting for her, I decided to hang out at National Bookstore. I first checked out the magazines, and then I later gravitated towards the bargain bin. And that's where it started. I first saw David Stukas' "Biceps of Death," 40% off. And then came the other books!!! Eeeep! The best buy though was "Boy Culture" by Matthew Rettenmund. 20% off, and it was the last copy on the shelf. I doubt if there were several copies of the book. I'm really happy I got the book, because at least, even if I don't get to watch it on the big screen (Q. Allan Brocka made the film version.), I have the book to enjoy. Still, I want to see the movie. Anyway, I ended up buying six books. I did save a lot since most of the books were 40% off. It's been awhile since I went book shopping.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I was browsing online for David Stukas books and I came across your blog. I cannot believe you have Biceps of Death!!! I so ENVY you. Really. I have the first two books and I'm still hunting down the 3rd and 4th ones. You're lucky coz those books are hard to come by. Hope I'm as lucky as you are. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete