Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New beginnings for CICLs...


Had a very early start of the week. Was up at 4AM so that I can be at the office by 530AM. Super early, huh?

It was my turn to monitor the news for the week, and usually, I arrive at the office around 630AM for this.

But yesterday, I needed to be earlier so that I can finish the scanning the newspapers for business-related news asap and then dash to the PLDT office to get on the bus headed to Dasmariñas, Cavite. There was an event in DLSU-Dasmariñas that I needed to cover and it is a big deal because our Chairman was going to be there.

An hour before lunch time, we arrived at the venue for the event inside the DLSU campus and that was when I really saw how big of a deal the affair was. The event is the blessing and inauguration of Bahay Pagasa, a juvenile rehabilitation facility supported by the PLDT-SMART Foundation. The facility aims to help children in conflict with the law by providing them with transformational and developmental activities.

That afternoon, several guests from different sectors - police, showbiz, academe, NGO, corporate - gathered at Bahay Pagasa to show their support for the program. I was surprised to see Diether and Christian, as well as Edu.

From Cavite, we went back to Manila and I made it back to the office just in time for a 4PM meeting. Hehehe!

Hmm, I wonder if how things went during my Monday will set the tone of how this work week will be. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment