Friday, January 30, 2009

If I thought that what you thought was that I hadn't thought about...



Just some random thoughts.

The problem with words is that it's so difficult to pin down its real meaning. When treated singularly, the chances are higher. But once the words are combined, and the verbal exchange begins, and the context is factored in, all hell breaks loose.

While my daily life revolves around words and sentences, I'll admit that when it comes to certain things concerning communication, I would hit a roadblock or two. Or I could get my message across but later on I would only find out that the other person and I weren't playing the same language game. That sometimes becomes a problem for me because I'm not a big fan of gray areas. And when you're like that, you get restless and anxious because you try to guess whether you and the other person are on the same page.

It's so much more different compared to writing a press release. When composing one, I know exactly what to say and if I'm unable to say something in a way that should be understood by everyone, I have a boss who comments on the article for improved clarity. If only there were something like that in day-to-day exchange, huh?! I wonder if a lot of things would be better. I wonder if there would be less gray areas. I wonder if the other gray area worrywarts of the world would be more at ease. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment