Friday, January 9, 2009

You've got (snail) mail!!!



I can't recall the last time I received one of these.

Not just ordinary snail mail. Not the usual mail which I get. (credit card bills! Grr!) But an authentic greeting card sent via air mail. When all the mail that you get are but electronic, there is really some joy to be experienced when you get snail mail.

The card above was from Tokyo and it finally reached my desk today. I've already accepted the fact that the Philippine postal system screwed things up, but lo and behold, the fact that I got the card brings a little back of my trust to the PPS. Hehehe!

I haven't emailed my friends Masaki and Makoto yet, but I'm sure they'd be just as happy to know that their mail reached me. For Christmas, I sent greeting cards to friends living abroad just because I wanted them to feel a little Filipino warmth during the holidays.

It was perfect because my colleague Rhyz shared with me some beautiful UNICEF greeting cards. I mailed one card to the Netherlands, two to Tokyo, and three to Singapore. I'm glad
because everyone got their cards.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this really nice experience of sorts. When was the last time you got a nice snail mail?!

No comments:

Post a Comment