Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcomed to the CS Project and Welcoming the Gap Messenger...


My faith in the Philippine Postal System is somewhat really returning, I must say.

Late last year, I think it was November, I my verification 3 for the Couchsurfing Project. From what I read, this step is quite important because it adds to your credibility as a couchsurfer. Basically, it's one more proof that you're from where you say you are and that you are not some psycho. Anyway, the process after applying for 3rd level verification is that the guys behind the Couchsurfing Project would send you your verification code via snail mail. According to the site, it should only take a couple of weeks.

When the CS postcard didn't arrive after a month and a half, I've come to accept the fact that again, the card was mishandled and already got lost who knows where.

Yesterday, when I got home from work, I saw a postcard at the bookcase where my Dad usually leaves my mail. And to my huge surprise, it was the CS postcard with my verification code. Woohoo!!! Thanks super to the CS peeps and thanks to PPS for getting me my CS card. Sorry if I sometimes doubt your ability to deliver, but I've heard way too many stories where some of your PPS guys are evil.

In other news, I had an unplanned purchase. Eeeep! I was feeling a bit low, and I turned to a little retail therapy to cheer me up. It was unplanned though, like I said. I wasn't too keen on buying anything and I already gave myself a pat on the back for not getting anything from the Zara sale nor from any of the other wonderful sales that's currently ongoing in the metro.

But then I had a moment of weakness, and while I was going around Glorietta waiting for a friend, I ended up at the Gap and I saw the olive green messenger bag above. Augh!!! I knew I was in trouble. It kind of reminded me of that super nice Belstaff utility bag Nicole Kidman had in the movie The Interpreter.

For a moment, I managed to put down the bag, leave the store and go around Glorietta again to wait for my friend. When I finally met up with my friend and showed her the bag, that was it. Instead of dissuading me from getting it, she told me I should get it. For one, the price was "good" and it is a very practical and utilitarian piece.

So, in the end, I walked out of the Gap store with a carrier bag which had that messenger bag. I think I'll call it my The Interpreter bag. Hahaha!

Welcome to the family, Interpreter. Can't wait for you to meet the other members of the family. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment