Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dodong goes job hunting in M'danao...

Photobucket

Photobucket

You know how I've always been wanting to get out of Manila and start a new life in the provinces. Well, I think I may have just found a job in CDO and MisOr. (Or I thought I did.)

Photobucket

During the first night, I've discovered that I can tell the future using the many "crystal balls" at this magical place in Opol, Misamis Oriental. You'd think that the place is just another fantab restau by the sea. But if you open your eyes wide, you'd see that there are spirits trapped inside the "crystal ball."

Photobucket

That was too freaky for me, so I decided to take a job that's more "normal" - waiter. Uhm, I thought I've always been an -Er Guy so why not be one as well.

Photobucket

Unfortunately, I move too slow and I kept breaking glasses and plates. The head waiter got more furious when I answered back, "Hello, relax your upper heart, Koya. Hindi naman mga Lalique at Paşabahçe ang binabasag ko." Hehehe! So there goes the -er jobs, as in fortune teller and waiter. Wahaha!

Photobucket

In CDO, I also tried to apply as a civilian security guard at Lim Ket Kai. Hehe! I told myself it would be very butch, very manly especially if there are shoplifters or whatever. Plus, I get to patrol the area on a bike. At least, I can put those hours and hours of spinning to good use.

Photobucket

But I was given the pink slip when I was found eating lotsa sugar and carbs, and hanging out with the beautiful people of CDO and Cebu.

Since it felt like I had no future in CDO, I took the land trip to Davao and hoped that the new life might be there.

Photobucket

As soon as morning broke, I went straight to People's Park. Surely, the park could use an extra pair of hands. I got hired as a park cleaner.

I only lasted a day because I was too absorbed analyzing the fantab large sculptures of Kublai Millan which were found in the park, and that took several hours. That and the fact that I'm a germophobe, who used up all the park's soap in a day because I kept washing my hands after holding the walis tingting. Can they blame me? Hello, germs!

Photobucket

Before I knew it, my three days of job hunting was over. I had to get back to Manila because my bosses might already notice that I'm gone.

Photobucket

And so I leave Mindanao with a long face. Maybe I'll try Iloilo next time. Wahahaha!

Note (to my bosses and colleagues and everyone associated with someone from this company up to the fifth level of consanguinity, wahaha!): I'm NOT looking for a new job. I'm perfectly fine with my current position, and I loved it more after the field work. I was just being playful. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. ang kulit! in fairness, i love the effort here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! thanks, nyl! :) you do know that it takes a lot of kapal muks for a 30 year old to do this kind of things. hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete