Wednesday, July 14, 2010

LV for WC...




I don't know anything about on-field action of the recently concluded World Cup. I read that Spain won the coveted title, but I didn't get to watch a single game.

There are a few things I do know. I do know there are a lot of hot players. I do know that there's a psychic octopus that predicted which team will win. I do know South Africa was the host.

And above all, I do know that Louis Vuitton was commissioned by FIFA to create the carrying case of the World Cup trophy. Hehe!

I've been meaning to mention this in my blog, since I haven't been able to write much. Hehe!

From what I read, the carrying case covered in the very familiar LV monogram canvas is made of beechwood/poplar wood and was created hand-made in Asnieres, France. It is where LV special orders are made. It is the where the original workshop of the company is. The book Deluxe by Dana Thomas has several pages on how LV creates all its masterpieces.

To World Cup fans, what they would naturally be ooohing and ahhing about is that 18-carat solid gold trophy. To bagaholics and LV fans, it's definitely the carrying case. Hehe! I couldn't care less about that trophy.

Photos above are from Hypebeast and High Snobiety. More photos here and here.

Plus, here's a video on how the case was made.

No comments:

Post a Comment