Thursday, July 8, 2010

Miranda Priestly, isdatchu?



A couple of weeks ago, I met up with some good friends who I haven't seen for a very long time.

It's always nice to see them even if that means having to skip the gym, because I rarely rarely see these guys.

We almost always spend the hours reminiscing about the good old times. That includes our careers.

While I was slaving away in the PR department of some company, these guy friends of mine have been playing the difficult role of assistants to some high-profile people.

I am always amused by their stories of some of the things that they've experienced. They could be best friends with Andreuh (Andrea) from the Devil Wears Prada. Haha!

Here are two anecdotes I remember. Haha!

High-Profile Person 1: (Boss and friend were discussing an upcoming activity)

Friend: "Uhm, it is going to rain on that day."
Boss: "Did you check with PAGASA? What did PAGASA say?"
Friend: "PAGASA said there will be scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms."
Boss: "Well, can you check where the rain will exactly scatter?!"
Friend: "Uhm, I don't think PAGASA can do that."
Boss: "I'm sure they can."

O ha! San ka lulugar, di ba?!

High-Profile Person 2: (Location shoot for an AVP)

Boss was getting ready for the spiel. Friend of my friend is standing a few feet away waiting for any instructions. Cam was about to roll, when the wind started to blow.

Boss looks at friend of my friend and says, "Iyong hangin."

The friend of my friend probably wanted to die right then and there. Either that or Charles Xavier gives him the power of Storm. Wahaha!

There are several more, but these are the ones in the top 5. Haha! I've always been intrigued how it is to work for a super, super important person. One of my OGTs is I want to be Anna Wintour's assistant. O ha! Haha. Pang-episode lang ng Wish Ko Lang. Vicky Morales, can you help that dream come true? Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment