Friday, July 2, 2010

The road to nirvana... chos!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just because I can't think of something lengthy to post. Haha!

After my usual Thursday gym routine, I waited for work colleague and yoga buddy Allen to finish her spinning class. When she was done with the class, I asked her to help me out with practicing the bakasana aka crow pose.

Allen can do the pose. I, on the other hand, am just determined to be able to do it. I've been attending yoga for almost a year now and I love, love, love it! Even if the activity doesn't require ultra-fast movement, I still sweat a lot during class!

Anyway, I can do most of the basic poses, but I want to challenge myself more. The bakasana seemed to be one of the achievable difficult poses. I was inspired more when I saw that sub instructor Melvin was able to perform the pose, even if he had a bit of a Chanelya. Hehe! Pero naman, ang arms niya! Pwede na kong mamatay kakatitig sa arms niya. Haha!

Inside the dance/yoga studio, I got two thick rubber mats. Once Allen and I found a spot, I asked her to show me how to assume the pose. After getting some pointers from her, I tried it out.

Kamusta? I fell flat on my face a million times. I already expected it though. That's why I decided to get two rubber mats. The good news is I was able to hold the pose for about three seconds a couple of times, before I fell on the mat. I got to work on my stability! My friend Ian's reco, work on my core! Ugh!

The other poses I want to do nicely are the shoulder stand and the plough. The shoulder stand is the next achievable pose to the head stand, I think, and that's why I wanted to learn it.

Hay, obviously, I need to work on it more. Ugh! My problem is I always fear that my lower limbs would fall the other way and I might end up in a bad position.

But if that does happen, at least I can do the plough already. Hehe! It's another pose that's extremely challenging for me. Argh! I really got to work on it. Allen said she couldn't do the pose too before. With practice, she became limber and found herself more flexible.

For now, I can only do the slightly bent shoulder stand. I wasn't able to ask Allen to take a photo of the crow pose because I can't hold the pose long enough anyway. Obviously, I have a lot more work to do. But I'm glad because I seem to be getting somewhere. Hehe!

I'm planning to make an FB album similar to what my good friend Bernice (she got me into yoga!) did. It shows some of the basic yoga poses. I have yet to find a nice loc for it though. Haha!

Uhm, that's it really. Nothing more to post tonight.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment