Friday, July 2, 2010

Greens, greens, nothing but greens...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Colleague Grace and I went to textile heaven aka Kamuning earlier for our department uniform.

We were going to have some prototypes of the uniform made. Nothing fancy. Just a shirt jack for both boys and girls. The girls had another alternative top. For us guys, we can probably do with long sleeves and a similar tie.

Anyway, we finished past 4 with the tailors. I had no plans of going back to Makati, since I saw the terrible traffic. Grace was also planning to head home since she lived nearby.

But before we parted ways, Grace suggested that we visit this vegetarian restaurant I talked about some time ago - Greens.

I liked the idea very much so from textile heaven, we walked for several minutes to reach vegetarian heaven.

The last time I went there was ages ago, so I wasn't sure they were still in business. When we finally reached the venue, I was just extremely relieved that the restaurant has not gone out of business. (Come on! We live in a city where people would almost always choose the killer sisig or crispy pata over a bowl of greens.)

We headed inside the restau, and got a table. It was still quite early, so aside from two middle-aged men it was just me and Grace.

I was excited for her to try the different dishes. I wasn't planning to order a lot but because it was a friend's first trip to Greens, we ordered extras.

I got the tomato and basil pasta and the tofu mushroom burger. Grace ordered the veggie wraps and a stick of "barbecue." For drinks, I got a glass of lassi. For dessert, we got a slice of the eggless and dairyless chocolate cake.

The food was super! I'm glad that my friend thought the same. The best part about the trip to Greens aside from the good food was how affordable the food was. Our bill was around P435 only. That's cheap given that we ordered three entrees plus desserts and drinks, right?

I really can't wait to go back to Greens and try the other dishes. They have "sisig," "embutido," and "fish" dishes. Yummm! I want.

Do check out greens the next time you find yourself in the Morato area. It's located along Scout Castor. The restau's open from 11AM (?) til 10PM Mondays to Saturdays and until 9PM on Sundays.

Not only is it good for your body, it's also good for your budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment