Saturday, July 31, 2010

Such a sale whore...



I'm such a sale whore. I swear. Haha! Does that make me cheap? Haha!

But you can't blame me. It's not like I earn a lot. Hehe! Even if I'm such a sucker for designer stuff, I still know how to knock some sense into myself. (That's the reason why I had to let go of the Marc by Marc Jacobs tote bag I was eyeing. Huhu! Yeah, it was relatively cheap for a Marc by MJ but in terms of functionality, it wasn't a smart buy. The people of Tipid Sulit Pinas will crucify me. Hahaha!)

I have to say though that I'm really lucky when it comes to sale season. Hehe! My best buys to name a few include a John Varvatos shirt (originally priced at P6K, I got it at a huge discount), a Missoni Sport shirt (again huge crazy discount), a James Perse shirt (orig price was P2K, got it for P300), and a Paul Smith messenger bag (originally around P9K, got it for I'm not telling - basta it's super el cheapo! Haha!).

From the many years of retail therapy, I'd have to say that Rustan's and Debenhams have the really, really best sale prices! Proof? Good friend Ela was able to get a Marc Jacobs wallet (or was it a clutch) for only P1K. Original price? Around P20K. Crazy, huh?! If you're a sucker for high-end designer stuff and you have money to burn, Adora and Homme et Femme have really good sale items too! I almost got a Comme des Garcons bag once, but decided to let it go. I didn't need CDG just yet at that time. Hehe!

I think I'm done with going for designer clothes. Yeah, I'm getting old (and wiser). Haha! I now think that a P1,600 long-sleeved shirt is too much (unless it's Boss or Zegna. Hehe! If it's just Zara, zorry. Ayaw!) You won't get me to buy pants that's P3k or so. Especially now that I know about Kamuning tailors, no way am I going to get those crazily priced jeans or chinos from *toot* or *toot.* I recently had a pair of pants made at Kamuning. The fabric is super. The fit is awesome. And it cost me just P800. O ha! San ka pa?!

Of course, there are (several) times when I still fail and choose designer. But my general rule now is that it has to have an insane price slash. Some examples? I've been looking for a brown belt because the one I'm using for the longest time doesn't serve its purpose anymore. Leather's still in good condition but I need to make some extra holes, which I don't want to do. (Does anyone need a brown belt? Size 36.)

I checked out the belts at Kenneth Cole but I still can't get myself to buy the P2K belt (even if it's reversible and even if the smell of leather is driving me crazy! I love leather!). I got my new belt at Marks & Spencer. I don't usually check out their items because they're too corporate for me, but I was killing time earlier and decided to go in the store. Found a belt that was originally P2K, and was now selling for P700. Ayos na, di be? Black socks were also on sale dirt cheap so I decided to get a few pairs. I have a constant need for black socks. Hehehe!

The only piece I'm willing to spend on are bags. Between bags and shoes, I'm more of a bag person. It's not practical for me to spend crazy on shoes because I commute and I walk… a lot! But bags I can never get enough of. Hehe! Heck, you'd sometimes find a bag in a bag in my bag! (Parang Inception lang. Haha!) Though I'm nowhere near the bag addiction of my good friend Maver. Wahaha!

I'm still dreaming of that Graphite Keepall. My mother will kill me if I ever get one (though I think it's one bag I will use even when I'm old and gay… I mean gray… hahaha!) I just hope that that store doesn't stop making that design. Hehe! The other item I'm dreaming of is a BT0171. Just like the Keepall, I know that it's one more piece that I will get to use for many, many, many years. Hay!!!! Pwede ko bang ibenta ang gall bladder ko to get money to buy these two pieces? Hehe!

I shouldn't start talking about bags. It has to have a blog entry of its own. Haha!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Chris! Reading the entry now, I feel like such a shallow person! Hehehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When someone says what a nice ___ or I like your ____ I'd say I got that on sale. Wahahaha! I love great sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brent: Yeah! :) And I like it when the other person's eyes go really round in shock! Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete