Monday, July 19, 2010

UP = Unexpected na Pangyayari...




UP is one of my happy places in this world.

I dunno, but every time I get to visit the campus of my beloved university (whether it is Manila or Diliman), I always, always feel a certain kind of "high" from just being there.

Recently, I had to go to UP Diliman to cover an event. One of the bosses at work was giving a talk at a conference that was held at one of the colleges.

As soon as the cab entered University Ave., I started feeling that happy feeling I get whenever I am in UP. As we approached the Admin building, as the UP Oble statue came into view, I can't help but remember the good years of my life in UP.

Since I was already in UP, I decided to meet up with a recent acquaintance. He was in the University anyway so we agreed to meet up.

After the conference, I left that college and started walking towards another college where I was going to meet up with a friend. As I saw all these college students walking along the street, roaming the hallways, part of me felt that it would be nice to experience the campus life again, and part of me felt was thankful that I was already out of college. Hehe!

Anyway, when I finally found Joe Kavalier, we went to SC. I wanted to get Twitter buddy @MkSurf8 a bunch of UP stuff because he's always bringing me issues of VMan from Singapore whenever he comes home.

From SC, we went to Friuli. It's a hole in the wall restau in Maginhawa introduced to me by Bernice! Before Bernice left for grad school in the Netherlands, Friuli was one of our favorite, favorite dining places. The place serves extremely good and extremely affordable pasta and pizza. Plus, the gelato cakes are not too be missed!!! Deadma na sa carbs. Haha!

Kavalier and I got the Tre Formaggi pizza and Pesto. For dessert, I was disappointed that there was no Nero Tartufo so we just settled for the After Eight (choco mint ice cream).

Dinner turned into an unplanned trip to Trinoma. I usually despise that mall because of the huge crowd, but that night there weren't that many people. Kavalier and I did a bit of window shopping, some games at Timezone before catching the LFS of Inception. I guess I was tired from the entire day that I dozed off during several parts of the flick. It's super good though. Don't ask how I know. I just know. Haha!

Alright, so that trip to UP turned out to be really good. I wasn't expecting anything aside from my usual high from going to the University. But it appears like an unexpected happened. What's good is that it's the good kind of unexpected. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment