Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Playmates wanted... hehe...




I-van asked me to post the message below, and because I'm a good friend, I'm doing as requested. Haha!

=== Looking for badminton playmates--Makati area on Wednesday nights. And Mandaluyong/Makati areas on Sat/Sunday afternoons. Any takers? ===

So it seems like badminton will be added to the list of fitness activities this year (or at least for now). Tugs tugs/running buddy I-van invited to play badminton last week, and kaldakarin that I am, I said yes. Haha! (Talk about giving the term "drag queen" a new meaning.)

We had our first game last week at the badminton court near in PRC. Edsel and Nico didn't get to go because of work. Victor was still in Oz. There was still good attendance though because Arthur and Luis joined us. I think the workout and all the sweating came from all the laugh trip rather than the actual games. Hehehe!

Sunday was more serious though. I-van invited to play, and naturally, I said yes. Everyone else was busy. I don't know if the fact that it was a Sunday and that we set the game at 2PM had anything to do with the non-attendance. Hehe!

I invited Marl, Alonzo, Josh, Kit, Adrian, Nico but they all had engagements. Luckily, I-van found another player - Andre - from a "place" one would not really expect to get badminton players. Hehe!

There was still the issue of the fourth player. Hmm, I-vanchy and I decided to just go ahead with the game. We were confident that we would find a fourth player when we get to the badminton courts. Haha! Friendly becks naman kami, eh.

So from Pioneer, we went all the way back to QC to meet Andre. We fetched the guy along Timog before heading to the courts across ABS-CBN.

The gods were smiling at us, because Andre's friends were there. The issue of the fourth player was immediately solved. We met Sonny, Niño and another guy whose name now escapes me. It really is a small world because Niño remembers me from UP Diliman. He was doing his undergrad. I was doing graduate school. Haha!

Not to mention that there were a number of cute guys, and a number of becks as well. Haha!

So we got to play for about two hours. Would have played longer, but I had to go to Makati. Still, I'm thankful that I-van and I decided to go ahead with our badminton plans even if initially, there's just the two of us.

Lesson learned. Persistence.

If interested to join, let's come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment