Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello, 2011...






Happy new year everyone! :)

How was your first day of the year, of another decade?! :)

I thought mine wouldn't be a good one, but things got better. Haha

Yesterday, I woke up feeling feverish. I thought it was nothing so I went on with my plan to go to the gym. The workout did me some good. I was sweating like a pig the whole time and I was hoping that that would make the feverish feeling go away.

It didn't.

When I got home in the afternoon, I took a nap and woke up because I was shivering. I only had the fan turned on, but I was really burning. I had to wear a sweater and bundled myself up in a blanket. I was like that until just before midnight. I don't know why but it seems to be a Dec. 31 curse. Last year I was in the same exact situation. It was much worse though because I brought myself to the Emergency Room. Haha! I won't dwell on that anymore since there's no point in doing that.

Going back to last night, my Mom woke me up before midnight. I was shivering, but I didn't want my Mom to see that so I just tried very hard to put on a happy face. I could hear the sound of the fireworks of our neighbors. I looked out the window and it was all smoke. I could see my Dad, my brothers and my nephews and nieces watching our neighbors with their fireworks. Haha!

I didn't go out of the house anymore to join them. Instead, I joined my Mom at the kitchen/dining area to wait for the guys to return for our Media Noche. For the first time, I was overwhelmed by the amount of food we have on the table. We've always had the same number of dishes prepared every year, but this is the first time it came to my mind that boy, do we prepare a lot! And there's just five of us in the family. (My kiddie nephews and nieces would join, but still there's so much food left to last for two more days. Hehe!)

Anyway, I didn't eat much. I had some pasta, some ham and the 12 pieces of grapes (which my Mom has been making us eat since we were kids. Haha!) After dinner and though feeling sick, I stepped into the shower and took a bath. I promised some friends that I would be joining them for a party at our happy place in Ortigas and I intended to keep that promise. Haha! Fever or no fever, I was already psyched to go out with my friends for our own party to welcome 2011.

The gods seem to have seen the importance of the party because as soon as I got out of the house, I found a cab. I was worried that it was going to be difficult to get a cab, so I could have hugged the Manong when I saw him and his cab. Hehe! I picked up Marl near his house and then we set off for Ortigas.

We met up with Francis, Vince and Joffer, Richard and Gerry, and I-vanchy. When I saw that it was starting to be a couples' gimmick, I had to text I-vanchy to hurry up and get to the bar already. Haha! Just kidding, just kidding. I don't really mind being the third wheel (at first to Marl and Francis), then fifth wheel when another couple arrived, then seventh wheel(?!) (Haha! Is there such a thing?) when another couple arrived. I'm really happy to be with friends on the first few hours of 2011, and I was even happier because I saw that so and so patched things up. Yeyyyy!

The next few hours were spent just dancing, raising our bottles/glasses, and toasting to friendship and so on! Surprisingly, there were a lot of people at the bar. It wasn't like the maddening Friday volume of people but there were still many partygoers. Fun! I have to say that I-vanchy and I missed Edsel, Arthur and Vic since it's usually the five of us wreaking havoc at the bar on Friday nights. Haha! Edsel was in Cavite. Arthur was in Olongapo. Vic was in Sydney.

We left the bar just as the first sunrise of 2011 took place (Gerry and Richard left earlier though). The six of us got into a cab and headed to Rufo's at Shaw for bfast. It was closed. We tried MickeyD's at St. Francis Square and it was also closed. We ended up at a grill/restau in faraway Makati Ave.! Haha! I fell asleep while waiting for the food, maybe because I was feeling sick and just dead tired. Haha!

I got home by 8AM. After saying hello to my family, I headed straight to my room, changed into something more comfy and just hit the sack. Haha!

Good start for 2011! :)

1 comment: