Monday, January 10, 2011

Friday Tugs Tugs and Sunday Tron Tron...










Friday night (technically, Saturday morning... haha!) was spent with the usual suspects at our usual happy place.

It was a reunion of sorts for the Spice Girls (lol!) because Arthur and Edsel are back in town. The only missing piece of the puzzle is Vic, who's still in Oz.

I invited Luis to join as well. When we bumped into each other at Greenbelt over the holidays, I promised him I would text him if there was a tugs tugs night. The last time I saw the guy was several years ago just before he left for NYC. Government was still very much happening back then. Hehe! So, it was really nice of him to make the out of town trip to Ortigas to join us.

My usual tugs tugs/running buddy from Twitter Marl also joined the gang. Uhm, he'd probably kill me for writing this but let's just say the gimik was something he needed. Hehe! Peace, Marl.

Uhm, I also bumped into Mike. It was good seeing him at our happy place. Mike is someone I met back when I attended a semester at UP SOLAIR. He was a classmate in a subject (or two) and he was one of the smart guys in the class. We crossed paths again during Jaybeecc's party last December, and if he hadn't introduced himself to me, I wouldn't remember. Haha! Jeez! Alzheimer's setting in this early? Haha!

And since I brought up introductions (haha! what a segue!), I met a guy who reads this blog. It was already past 4 in the morning. I've had three (or maybe four) glasses of my favorite poison so I was much more friendly. Haha! Friendly naman po talaga ako. I was watching the dancing crowd. I give a polite smile at a guy nearby. He smiles back and goes, "You're Angelo, right?" And I say, "Yes." The nice guy introduces himself, "I'm Andrew. I read your blog."

That was a good surprise. Uhm, I blog just because I need an outlet from the usual writing that I do. I blog to remember the good (and sometimes, the not-so-good) things that happened recently. It's really more of a random journal. I've met a couple of people through my blog, and I have to say it's nice when you meet fellow bloggers.

Meanwhile, Sunday afternoon was spent with Marl, Chase and Curt (or is it Kurt?). Marl and I didn't get to see Chase before he left for his Christmas holiday, so we agreed to meet up when he got back.

Our agenda was to watch Tron at the SM MOA iMax. I'm an iMax virgin, so I was really excited to find out what the whole fuss about iMax is. Hehe! It was quite an experience. And I found Tron to be a treat for the eyes as well. I've been hearing not-so-good reviews about the movie, but I have to say I enjoyed it. I didn't do much processing on the story. I was more in awe with the visuals and finding out whether the girl who played Gem in the movie was hot model Jessica Stam (she wasn't. It was Beau Garrett).

After the movie, we had late lunch/early dinner at A Veneto. OVer pizza and pasta, the guys thought of catching another movie. I wasn't really up for Little Fokkers or Gulliver's Travels, but I was interested in The Tourist. Angelina fan, sorry.

We decided to get out of MOA, and headed to Greenbelt to catch the 6:55 screening. Surprise, surprise, all seats taken. Whoa! I think the non-MMFF watching crowd was just so happy that the other movies are back so they wasted no time in catching whatever was playing that night. Haha!

The four of us left the cinema and headed to Gelatissimo for some fantab gelato. I got the chocolate truffle, which was just sooo goood! If it weren't so expensive, I would have gotten a second serving. Haha!

While enjoying our sweet treat, I saw Eugene aimlessly walking. Marl and I waved at him, but his mind was elsewhere. Haha! Good thing Marlon had his number. A few minutes later, there were five of us. Eugene was luckier. He was able to get a seat for two movies. He was studying the entire day, and he decided to reward himself with a movie treat. Nice.

The five of us parted ways a little before 9PM. Marl and I shared a cab home. Thankfully, there was no traffic. I got home before 11, and I still had a few minutes to finish two chapters of the Michael Thomas Ford I was reading.

Happy weekend it was! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment