Friday, January 21, 2011

First run for 2011...



Another running year has started. *crossing my fingers*

The Greentennial Run this Sunday signals the first of I dunno how many runs this year. Hehehe!

I'm looking forward to doing the run, especially since my last organized run was more than a month ago at the Standard Chartered Run in Singapore.

Have to admit, I miss the huge crowd of fitness enthusiasts, the energy even before the sun is up, the feeling of running on the road.

Uhm, I signed up for the 5K category. I was originally planning to do the 15K with Marlon and Matt. But after successfully convincing (forcing?!) friend Nico to do the run, I told him I'll join him in the 5K category. It's his first time to join an organized run, and I'm excited for him. Haha! Wouldn't it be amusing if Nico would cross the finish line way ahead of me (which I'm sure is going to happen... LOL!)

It's also going to be a nice run because friends from work and Twitter are going to be there - Work colleague Moneigh and hubby Anthony, JB, Marlon, Matt. My best friend Tey will also be there to show some much-needed support. Hehe.

I hope it'll be a good organized run. There were some issues with the registration, and I'm hoping that it's not a sign of how the actual run will be. Hehe! (I got the race kit and the medium-sized singlet is waaaay too small. Eeep!)

Just how excited am I for another year of running? I already signed up for the half-marathon at the Condura Run this February. It's expensive though. P1,150 reg fee for the HM. I only paid P900 for my SG run. Hehe! Oh well, I'm sure though that Condura will be a good experience. It has to be.

As early as now, I'm already planning to end the year with the SG run again. Maybe that can be a tradition. ;P

Here's to another year of fitness! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Raffy. I had a good time. It was well-organized. There were marshalls along the way. Drinking stations were good. I liked the race route very much.

    Congrats to the organizers!

    ReplyDelete