Thursday, January 13, 2011

Prayers for my friend Noreen Capili please...



In the blink of an eye, things can change.

I was in the middle of things at work this morning when I received an SMS from my former colleague Mel. It was a message I wasn't prepared for. It was the kind of message I wish no one would ever have to receive.

Her message read "Please pray for my friend Noreen Capili who is scheduled to undergo endovascular coiling due to aneurysm. (cont'd.)"

The last part of the message included some details on the surgery and a religious quote.

It took a while for the message to sink in and for me to fully realize how serious it was.

It was hard to believe that my friend who I just met over the weekend for dinner and good chika time was now fighting for her dear life at the intensive care unit of St. Luke's.

I visited her Twitter timeline and the last message was about wishing people a Happy 1.11.11. I went to her Facebook page, and it was already flooded with get well soon messages. I read some messages that said, "Wake up already, Noreen. We still have to do this or that."

Whoa, it's bad. It's really bad, I thought. For a moment, I just sat still and thought about how it happened, why it happened.

I got a text message again in the afternoon saying that Noreen was already conscious. I don't exactly know what that meant. But I'm just thankful that she's "back."

Bernice also texted me to get more info on what happened, but I had nothing to offer. She was also deeply concerned because she was with us during the happy Saturday get-together.

We agreed to visit Noreen this Saturday. Hopefully, things will be so much better by then. In the blink of an eye, things can change after all.

In the meantime, please kindly include my friend Noreen Capili in your prayers. Please pray for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

2 comments:

  1. I don't pray but I hope she gets better!

    Was feeling rather moody and this post made me feel like I should wake up.

    Lets appreciate the time we have ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, jp!!! :)

    first off, wow, new blog layout!!! very nice!

    next, thanks so much for wishing my friend would get well. really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete