Monday, January 24, 2011

5K at the Greentenial Run...









Greentenial Run this morning.

Though this is just my first run for the year, I can already say that it is definitely one of the best runs for 2011 because of the company I was with.

My usual running friends from work were there - Moneigh (3K) with hubby Anthony (15K) and Engel (10K). Super, super, super good friend Tey was also there to show some love and support. She brought newphews Ken and Mich as well. The latter joined us in the 5K. Twitter friend Marl was there who did 15K. Last but definitely not the least, Nico who did his first 5K and his first organized run. Because he agreed to sign up for the 5K, I told him I would run with him.

Anyway, prior to the race, I slept at Tey's place so that we could go together to the Fort. We waited for Engel to arrive, and left Salcedo a couple of minutes before five. We met up with Nico and friends JV and Roan at the BHS parking lot.

The 5K group was scheduled to stary at 5:50. Uhm, I didn't get to check what time we actually started. Haha!

I was a bit worried that it was going to be a wet run. Saturday afternoon, it was raining. Ugh! I wasn't sure if we would see the sun today. The clouds have been nothing but dull and gray during late afternoons these past few days.

Thankfully, we were blessed with good weather during the run. It would've been awesome to feel the sun during the run, but I'm grateful already that there wasn't a drop of rain throughout the race.

It was still a good run, I have to say. I liked the race route. I thought it would be the usual 5K route which passes along IS, the British School and S&R. I didn't have the time to study the race route, so I was surprised when I saw that it took us to the Buendia flyover. Haha!

If I were to be asked what one of my favorite things about races is, it's when I get suddenly greeted by sunlight. Uhm, it's when I'm running along a particular segment of the race route without any view of the sun, and after making a turn, you suddenly feel the rays of the sun kissing your face. There's just something spiritual about it. Uhm, I won't explain further. Walang basagan ng trip. Basta iyon iyon. Haha!

Uhm, I think there was good attendance despite it not being one of the well-funded corporate runs. Hehe!

After Mich, Nico and I crossed the finish line, we looked for Tey, JV and Roan. As is customary, post-run photo ops were in order. I-vanchy, I couldn't help but remember all our crazy post-run photo ops last year. Haha! You have to run again.

Before parting ways, we all headed to MickeyD's at McKinley Hill for a well-deserved breakfast.

Good run, good run!

Up next, a half-marathon at Condura! Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment