Saturday, January 9, 2016

Sawadeeka, Bangkok...

The plane touched down at Suvarnabhumi Airport 5 minutes before 2PM. It arrived 20 minutes ahead of schedule. However, there were other carriers that landed resulting in a massive queue at immigration.

I finally got out of the airport close to 3PM. To get to the AirBNB place, I took a cab.

The only time I have been to Bangkok was in early 2003. It was a trip with the first ex. Since it was so long ago, I don't remember a lot about Bangkok. I don't even remember which airport we landed at and how we got to the hotel. I only remember certain things. Lol!

Travel time from Suvarnabhumi to the place took almost an hour. There were some parts where we got stuck in a jam for a few minutes.

I checked in and headed out at 5PM. Hmm, the first thing I wanted to do was figure out how to get to the MRT station.

From the map, I know that Lumphini MRT was close. The cab passed through different streets and alleys though so I couldn't follow the way he took. Haha!

The staff at the AirBNB place had very limited English and could only say "Go straight." Hehe! Somehow, I found my way to Lumphini MRT. It wasn't that far at all! It took me about 12 to 15 minutes to walk. Hehe.

My objective for today was just to get MRT and BTS cards and go to Erawan Shrine. Surprisingly, I ended up accomplishing other things that I wanted to do tomorrow.

I figured out how to get to Sala Daeng. I found where Club 21 is. I had seafood green curry. And perhaps, the best of all, I went for a 60-hour foot massage for just.... $10! Friggin $10!!! I'm so happy. Lol!

On the way back to the apartment, I took a different exit from Lumphini. To my pleasant surprise, the FF branch I wanted to visit was at the building just outside of Exit 2 of the station. Wheeee!

So, today was a good day! I have nothing to complain about. Haha!

Tomorrow, I want to take it easy. I just want to go to Mass and go to the gym.

Nice Saturday and first day at BKK.

No comments:

Post a Comment