Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Feel Badly Bad...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So like I said, I did find myself at the mall last Saturday afternoon. Me, and I think the rest of Metro Manila. Hahaha! Though the SM Mall of Asia is already such a huuuuge mall, it still seemed small if you saw the volume of people who trooped to the mall. I don't know. Maybe people missed the mall so much, even if it was only for two days.

Anyway, before I headed to Powerbooks to do some research, I found myself going to Astrovision where I spent a good thirty minutes looking at the videos that were on sale. Argh! Hehe!

Part of me was sad because there were a lot of videos I wanted to buy, but a part of me was also happy because at least, I found two good buys.

One was a copy of the Rocky Horror Picture Show film, which starred Susan Sarandon, Tim Curry, Richard O' Brien, among others. (I think this was the 1975 film).

And the other one is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, starring Val Kilmer, Robert Downey, Jr. and Michelle Monaghan.

In the beginning, I thought the film was so-so but it turned out to be a good watch. I really enjoyed it, and I found myself laughing out loud on so many scenes. Of course, the fact that it was a gay-themed movie gave it extra points (at least, for me.) Hehe!

Here are some of the lines I liked because it had a "grammar" aspect to it:

Harry: Umm, clearly I'm interrupting. I feel badly. Let me... What are you drinking?
Harmony: Bad.
Harry: Bad? Sorry... feel...?
Harmony: You feel bad.
Harry: Bad?
Harmony: Badly is an adverb. So to say you feel badly would be saying that the mechanism which allows you to feel is broken.

Perry: Go. Sleep badly. Any questions, hesitate to call.
Harry: Bad.
Perry: Excuse me?
Harry: Sleep bad. Otherwise it makes it seem like the machanism that allows you to sleep...
Perry: What, f***head? Badly's an adverb. Who taught you grammar? Get out. Vanish.

Harry: So the whole... reconcilement... thing?
Perry: Reconciliation, idiot.

Perry: “You’re an idiot. You know what you’d find if you looked up the definition of idiot in the dictionary?”
Harry: “A picture of me?”
Perry: “No! The definition of idiot, which you are!”

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Kiss Kiss Bang Bang too. Some parts I didn't know whether to laugh or cringe ( like when she slammed the door on his finger ).

    Good times .. good times ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! You watched it too, eh. Great!

    ReplyDelete