Tuesday, July 3, 2007

NEO Guy...

Alright, NEO stands for New Employee Orientation.

This is what I had the entire day today. I was a bit early for work, so I dropped by Mel's and Noreen's office, which was right across, and had breakfast and chitchat with them.

Then at quarter to nine, I started my walk to my new office. I felt like it was my first day of school. I was a bit nervous, but also, I was excited.

The whole day was spent getting to know the company, its history, the business, and the values. Met about twenty or thirty other people, who I'm sure I wouldn't see soon because there are about 5,000 of us distributed across the country.

The training/orientation ended at 6, and when I dropped by the unit I would be joining, my manager showed me where I would be staying. And there was a small welcome poster by the entrance.

I was just touched. Hmm, this should be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment