Sunday, January 13, 2008

Christmas Shopping in January...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't really buy myself a Christmas present. Uhm, I don't know why. I guess I just wasn't in the mood to go shopping because of the amount of work that needed to be finished before the holiday break.

In any case, yesterday, I started buying myself some presents. Hahaha! I received an email notice about a Powerbooks sale, so I found myself walking to Powerbooks Greenbelt yesterday evening after I got a Deep Tissue Massage at The Spa (also part of late Christmas present to the self).

There were some LGBT novels that I wanted to buy but decided I could buy it later this month. I went to the second level and that's where I found my must-buys. While going through the bargain bin, I found a copy of AIDA: The Making of the Broadway Musical hidden in one of the lower shelves. Wasn't sure if I should get it so I returned it back to the shelf after checking its condition.

I drifted to the fashion and beauty section and there I found one copy of the Chanel coffeetable book that was published when the Metropolitan Museum of Art had a Chanel exhibit. I wanted that book super, but then it wasn't available in Manila then. And when it became available, the price was just too much, then.

So when I found the one copy on the shelf, I knew it had my name on it. I asked if there were any other copies and I was told it was the last. I then went back to the bargain bin and took the AIDA book and then headed to the cashier.

There, the first of my late self-Christmas presents. Will probably get the other present I want later. Hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment