Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Feng Shui for 2008...

Went to Quiapo this afternoon with my Mom. There's this feng shui shop we visit every year and my Mom's been nagging me to go there once again, since the Chinese New Year is just around the corner. I don't know why of all her three boys, I'm the one she chooses to bring to the feng shui shop. (Perhaps it's because she knows that deep inside, there's a feng shui follower in me. Exhibit A: the piyao in my office cubicle.)

Anyway, we wait for the feng shui master to arrive. As soon as he got there, my Mom went up to him and presented me to the guy. It's as if she was offering me as a sacrifice. Hehehe! I tell the guy my birthdate. He finds out that I was born in the Year of the Goat/Sheep. He computes my Kua number, which I already know is 3. And then he begins to give me some feng shui advice, which I think my Mom wasn't too pleased to hear. Hahaha!

Feng shui master: This 2008, you need to focus on relationships. Do you have a girlfriend?
Me: Nope, I'm single.
*Mom is probably relieved to hear this. She doesn't want any in-laws or grandkids anytime soon, I'm sure.*
Feng shui master: Well, you need to work on relationships. Ensure harmonious relationships with people. 2008 is a year to settle down.
Me: Oh okay.
*At this point, I think my Mom isn't too happy to hear the feng shui master steering me towards the married life. Hehehe.*

So what Mommie dearest did was to ask about my career and how to enhance my bedroom and our house. Basically, it seemed like she was the one who had the feng shui consultation.

In the end, I was told to buy a jade dragon to be added to my dzi bracelet. And then I need to buy a pair of pi yao for the bedroom. Plus, there's also a need to buy a tao sui coin to be carried in my pocket at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment