Sunday, January 6, 2008

You're Going to Be a Father Soon...

I'm flying to Iloilo in a few hours. I'm going there for work. It's my first time to go to that province, so I'm a bit excited. But it'll be work as soon as I board the plane until I get back to Manila on Tuesday evening. Hahaha! Reena and I will be interviewing a couple of children artists, but I'm expecting it to be quite a challenge because I'm not sure how well the kids speak Tagalog. And I never learned the local dialect, Ilonggo. Eeep!

Will be returning to Iloilo again by the fourth week of January for the coverage of the Dinagyang Festival. This should be interesting.

Anyway, I wanted to post an entry before I leave the office and head home to pack my stuff. Haha!

Something interesting was said to me this afternoon. I was talking to a priest. Don't ask why? And our conversation drifted towards about my relationship with my father. Anyway, the priest said, "Well, you're going to be a father soon." And he gave me advice on fatherhood.

I'm sure what he meant was "You're going to be a father someday," but hearing those words had some sort of effect on me. Will I really be a father one day? I want to be a Dad very much, but given the circumstances, I'm not sure how that's going to happen. Adopting could be an option, but I'd prefer to have my "own" or if not, the partner's kid will definitely be loved and taken cared of as if he or she were my own.

Unless of course, the priest's statement was some sort of prophesy. Hehehe! I remember there was a time when I was with the friends of the ex, and just out of the blue, I blurted to one of them, "You're getting married!" True enough, she announced later that night that she was getting married and that she was also on the way.

Weird, huh?

Anyway, signing off now. Hopefully, I get to blog from Iloilo. If not, expect an entry on Wednesday morning, kiddies. Haha!

1 comment:

  1. You know, it's never the right time to be a parent. Who knows, you might adopt out of Iloilo?

    ReplyDelete