Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mansions Here, There and Everywhere...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't get to go around Iloilo that much, but I was quite happy because I did get to see some of the ancestral houses of prominent Ilonggo families which are now some kind of landmarks in the city.

I got to see the Lizares Mansion, the Ledesma Mansion, the Lopez-Vito Mansion, the Sanson-Montinola Mansion, and the Lopez Mansion. I'm not sure if there's something to see inside the houses. Anyway, there were several other ancestral houses around the city, but I didn't get to visit them nor take photos, bevause of work. It's okay, though. Will be back in Iloilo in two weeks time so who knows? Maybe there'll be more time to go around. Haha! I'm just really amazed at the structures - how they've withstood time, how detailed they were, and how grand it must have been to lived in those homes.

1 comment:

  1. Mansion de Lopez-Vito, Our fam's ancestral homes ground floor is now a bank ( Isla Bank) while the upper quarters is closed throughout the year. The windows however are flung Open every February 2, when Jaro celebrates the feast of our Lady of Candles.

    best Regards
    Ram Lopez-Vito Bucoy

    ReplyDelete