Monday, January 28, 2008

Here's a Dinagyang teaser...

Photobucket

Finally, I've found time to sit down and check my email. I haven't been connected online for the past four days, and I'm just surprised because I survived. Hahaha! Perhaps it's because for the past four days, I've been going around Iloilo City covering various festivities that are part of the annual Dinagyang Festival.

Checking my blog and it's only now that I saw that I wasn't able to post a "back in Manila on Monday" entry. Oh well. The reason why I've been absent from the online world is because of the Dinagyang Festival. Flew to Iloilo last Thursday for the festival. Today was the Dinagyang proper and it was just one experience worth having. Woo woo woo! Uhm, of course, since I'm attending the festival for work and not for vacation, there were occasions when I couldn't really enjoy the festival.

For example, I only got to watch six of the twenty tribes that performed for the Dinagyang competition. Huhuhu! It was fantastic though. I was just amazed at the amount of effort poured in making the presentation perfect. There were a lot of highs too though. For example, last night I got to hav another photo with Sam Milby. Plus Angelica Panganiban and Derek Ramsey. Hehehe! They were guests at an event we co-sponsored so I got backstage passes. Woo woo woo!

Alright, the photo above was from one of the performing tribes this morning. Gawd, you should see my forearms. They're burnt because from the scorching heat of the sun. Haha! But I guess getting to experience the Dinagyang Festival is worth the terrible sunburn. Hahaha!

Tomorrow, we have one last Dinagyang-related company activity, and then I'm flying back to Manila in the evening. Of course, there'll be some souvenir and pasalubong shopping in the afternoon.

More photos from the Dinagyang Festival maybe tomorrow or Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment