Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Someone and Somebody.

So I met someone a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah, I did. We met at an office event. Who would've thought, huh? Yeah, the office is way down on my list of places to meet someone. Anyway, this someone turned out to be quite a charming surprise. Initially, I had a wrong impression on this someone. I thought that someone was a bit of a snob, but man, was I wrong?

Someone turned out to be kind and fun to hang out with. Someone turned out to be one of the best people to talk sense with. Someone turned out to be mature but looks younger. And if given more time, someone could be, uhm I don't know, something.

And so in the couple of succeeding meetings that we had, the more that I thought that someone should be on a date. I don't know. I can't remember the last time I felt like this. I just thought that someone should go out and have a nice time.

This is the reason why I set up someone with somebody. (And you almost thought it was I.)

It just occurred to me that someone and somebody should meet. I thought, why not? Somebody is nice and sweet and interesting and a prospect (for others). And as if the stars were conspiring with me, the next time I bumped into someone, somebody was there too. Hehe! Oooh, ultimate cheesy moment for me. Hehe!

I have never ever played matchmaker, so this is quite exciting and scary for me. Exciting because in my mind, someone and somebody could be. Scary because emotions are now at stake. And god knows I don't want either of the two to get hurt, because both are people I care about. I didn't know it was going to be like this. It's too early to tell where things would go, and I'm just hoping all would be well.

Let's see. It's a new year. Opportunities abound. Optimism is in the air. And now is the time to be more wishful than ever.

2 comments:

  1. awww , I thought you found someone. Don't always just be playing the matchmaker ! haha

    any resolutions this year ?

    Masaganang Bagong Taon, Kaibigan Angelo!!!

    (As I learnt from you ! haha. I wouldn't even know how to pronounce that .. )

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, hey jp! i wish it was i who found someone. i'm now realizing that it's difficult to be a matchmaker. hahaha!

    resolutions? hmm, i'm still not sure if i'll have any. hahaha!

    happy new year! i'm pretty sure you can pronounce it. i think your language and ours share similar pronunciation techniques.

    ReplyDelete