Monday, February 23, 2009

Can't get enough of Bare...






Okay, I'm still not over Bare. I want the soundtrack. Really.

Anyway, as I've written in a previous entry, there were several songs that I liked from the musical. Uhm, but I guess one of my favorite favorite songs would be Bare. The two characters sing this just before a major emotional scene. The song itself is just oozing with emotion. Man, I've been listening to the song via Youtube all day long. Thank heavens for Youtube. Seriously.

Alright, sharing two of the relatively GP videos of the song Bare from Bare the Musical. Below are the lyrics of this beautiful, beautiful duet. Matt Doyle and James Snyder sing.

Do you remember the day that you met me?
I swear it was yesterday, I knew with a glance
That you were the question, and you were the answer
That the world would make sense again if I held your hand
Someday you'll look back, and I hope you'll remember
The moment of truth when I knew who I was
How did I learn the truth you gave to me?

I will always remember that first stolen moment
There you were kissing me, and time seemed to freeze
Now I stand at a crossroad and stare at a question
If prayer were the answer I'd fall on my knees
But forward is calling and I cannot stay here
A parting of souls as I try to move on
How do I forget the dream you shared with me?

I've never been this bare / I've never been so scared
I've never felt such honesty / Don't stop we'll never go away
A moment of such peace / Each of us standing bare
Knowing what you mean to me / Knowing who we have to be
Know as you hold my hand / I hope and pray
We're forever you and I / That you'll understand

I know you're here in my heart

Please understand that I tried

Try to see it's not good bye
The act is beginning, the audience waits

No, stay in this moment, where secrets reveal
Here in a world where there's safety in falsehood
I have discovered the one thing that's real
That I love you and I loved you from the start
And if you hold that close to you, we'll never be apart
Peter, please know I loved you...

God, I love you

From the start

1 comment:

  1. yeah, saw this as well, and i really enjoyed their performance.. and ateneo did great. ^_^

    ..i like this song too,!

    ReplyDelete